Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

An incident happened on my job my overtime hours that I

Customer Question

An incident happened on my job my overtime hours that I worked was looked up on the computer and was discussed with associates on the job. I feel that my privacy was violated. What can I do because it wasn't right.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do on these facts. The hours that you work are not legally private. They may be personally private to you, but there is no law that actually protects the hours you work, or even the amount you earn.

Very few things have any specific protections on them...things like your medical records, SSN, bank account information, that is protected. Your work hours are not though.

So, just on these facts, there isn't anything illegal that you can point to that would count as any sort of legal violation.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.