Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I left my previous job one month ago and my employer at that

Customer Question

I left my previous job one month ago and my employer at that time is not reimbursing me for the expense reports that I submitted before leaving. Besides that, they have increased the tax bracket that they are withholding my taxes on , on my severance package payment, regardless of the allowances that I had in place. Are any of those two legal?What can I do to get my money back? How can I force the company to pay what they owe to me? Would taking legal action be the right way? What are my options? what would you suggest?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) Was there ever anything in writing that stated that they would reimburse you? Such as a contract as part of the job, employee handbook, etc?

2) How are they getting to 25%? Why are they claiming that amount exactly?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

did you get my reply?

Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.

No, I did not. Can you please try again?