Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

An unemployment check was lost in the mail and the UA

Customer Question

An unemployment check for 2k was lost in the mail and the UA department is refusing to reissue a new check. What can I do? I filled out a lost check form but UA said I waited too long to do this and refuses to reissue another check
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

You would need to file a Small Claim case against Unemployment to recover the check.

Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
coulf you file a case for me? Can you take on this job for me and if so what is the charge?
Thank you
Michelle Stancato

Thank you for asking. However, the site policy will not allow me to represent you or anyone outside of this site.