Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I am a nurse years. I lost my job due to alcohol. I did not

Customer Question

I am a nurse for 26 years. I lost my job due to alcohol. I did not show up to work drunk but there was alcohol in my urine. Now the Board of Nursing is giving me emotional and physical distress after 2 years of me trying to get sober. I am now intro because I drink NyQuil near Christmas time which cause a positive urine. Now I might lose my license. I have never been arrested for anything illegal no drunken driving why are they allowed to do this to me
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 8 months ago.
I am sorry to hear this. If you have worked to remain sober then there should be an appeals process. My suggestion to you is that you need to retain an attorney who specializes in medical license appeals to pursue overturning the decision.