Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I was written up after five years of employment by my

Customer Question

I was written up after five years of employment by my manager of one and a half years and the things it is written and complain about in the report earl false and I have to respond and it's a action plan how do I respond to it
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You would need to respond to the action plan with facts that support your reasons why his allegations are false. You cannot just say something is false, you have to support it with actual fact that shows why he is wrong. Your statements that it is not true would only be self serving, so you have to actually present evidence with your denial to prove it is wrong.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Should I have an attorney look at it and have a professional response. This is a large private company in California and I have never been written up or reprimanded. I am being ridden into the ground and held to different standard
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do outside sales and have won awards and recognitions in pass when I ask him to guide me he yells at me and tells me to sell sell sell
Thank you for your reply.
Once you present your evidence in response to each allegation, you can get a local attorney to review your evidence to make sure it properly supports your contentions that the statements are false.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am not sure they care. I think it is a way to make me quit. I have been very successful here and find my self being picked on by him. He is a two face bully
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Part2
Thank you for your reply.
That is something you should absolutely not say in response to this action.
You need to respond to the allegations, as I said, with just facts you have evidence of to show the performance plan comments are not factual.
The bulk of the issues in there, except the claim you are not meeting sales expectations, deal with your attitude and conduct and behavior towards management and others you work with. It could be that you being disgruntled with your management may be subconsciously coming through in your attitude. However, if it is not, then you need to use facts and evidence to back that up in your reply. Just saying it is not true is no more than a self serving denial, so you need to point to the evidence.