Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience

I received a letter from the Ark department of Human

Customer Question

HI. I received a letter from the Ark department of Human Services. I was place on suspend without pay for leaving a child in the classroom. There was an other person who was with me but wasn't suspended. I feel it is unfair. I can't get unemployment.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to file an appeal immediately and not miss the date in your letter for appeal. Even if you miss that letter by one day, they will deny your appeal. In the appeal, you would need to present evidence that you did not do what they claim you did and that there was someone with you and you did not leave a child alone. You should use an unemployment law attorney as they do not charge you money up front, they charge based on the benefits they obtain for you. Having an unemployment attorney represent you significantly increases your chances of success in these cases.
You have the opportunity to present your evidence on your appeal to prove that the employer's claim is not true and to get your benefits.