Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years practicing attorney
19958803

I have been working company 1.5 and I have worked alot of

Customer Question

I have been working for a company for a 1.5 and I have worked alot of overtime and I have never gotten paid for it. Can I file a complaint with the Department of Labor without them knowing that I file a complaint. Like have Department of Employment Audited the payroll department and check up on this company. I am a HOME HEALTH AID.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

You could try to file an anonymous complaint with the DOE, but to be honest, it wouldn't likely go anywhere. This is because they have enough complaints from people who want to be identified to follow up on so they don't have the time to follow up on anonymous ones.

.

They will take the complaint, put it in a big pile of other anonymous complaints, and then it will never get investigated.

.

So your best bet is to actually file a formal complaint with you being the complainant and then if the employer takes punitive action against you, you sue them for illegal retaliation for substantial punitive damages to set an example and deter future similar conduct.

.

.

thanks