Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I work 40 hours a week 11P to 7A. They are making us attend

Customer Question

I work 40 hours a week 11P to 7A. They are making us attend an all day inservice 7A to 3P on our day off. Is this legal?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Unfortunately, unless you have an express agreement which prohibits your employer from scheduling you in this manner, it is not illegal for your employer to require your attendance, or even to condition your further employment on attending. This is so even if your employer is being completely unfair or imposing highly unreasonable demands, as would be the case here.

I hope that you find this information helpful and am genuinely sorry if it is not what you were hoping to hear. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.