Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience

I am going to a formal fact finding hearing. I am a GS 11

Customer Question

I am going to a formal fact finding hearing. I am a GS 11 Administrator whose assistant alleges bias when given her yearly evaluation. I am wondering if I should have my own attorney. Informal investigation was done and unfounded; however the employee has since made this formal.
JA: The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Military Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: This assistant has made allegations similar in her last department.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your informal investigation was unfounded, then you needing an attorney for the fact finding hearing is generally unnecessary, since you did nothing wrong. If you followed procedure and did nothing wrong, the facts will be on your side. You can contact JAG for a conference to review the evidence with them, but hiring your own attorney at this point when all of the indicators are that you did nothing wrong is an a unnecessary offense.