Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience

My husband had a seizure in a meeting at work. It was not

Customer Question

My husband had a seizure in a meeting at work. It was not severe just a mild 2 min focal seizure. His office placed him on administrative leave until he saw his neurologists and had a work clearance form completed. He saw the Doctor on Thursday Mar 10, the dr examined him completed the form with 100% clearance for work. He turned in the form the next day to his boss and was told HR would be getting back him. He heard from HR a week later requesting his approval to talk to his dr. He has a form giving HR permission to talk to His Dr. Is a requirement to give permission to HR to discuss his Heath with HR?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The employer has a right to require direct proof your husband is safe to return and be in the workplace. Your husband has a right to restrict the permission to only records regarding the seizures to be released to the employer. Your husband's employer does have the right though to insure he is safe to return to work by getting the information direct from his doctor.