Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I got fired after 3 years of dedicating my whole life to

Customer Question

I got fired after 3 years of dedicating my whole life to Dennys when i started my shift like i do every day i trnsfer all the tables so the other server can go and 2 days later after my days off right when i get there i get fired for supposivly stealing other peoples tip by transfering them in to my name which i would never do intentionally ,but theres even more to it some really shady stuff going on over there plus 3 years no write ups t
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Legally, employment at Denny's is at will, meaning they can terminate you for no reason or for any reason at all that is not based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin. However, what is your specific question for us?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
See 5 months ago we got a new general manager he hired his wife and pretended not to know her and she transferrd in from San Francisco one of the other manager told me , I didn't believe him so I asked Sean and it turned out to be true so then he coxed me into getting him fired for sexual harrassment then 2 weeks later he fires me plus the guy who the tip belonged tI that I transferrd wasn't even clicked on he clicked out at 2 they let him stay for hours off the clock work through his breaks serious favoritism
Thank you for your reply.
So, if you have proof this was done based only on your age/race/sex/disability national origin, as you seem to be insinuating, then your next step is filing a complaint with the EEOC and they must investigate your claims and issue you a right to sue letter. Also, if you can show that you or other employees are being made to work off the clock or are being denied your proper breaks, that is grounds to file a complaint with the EDD for a wage claim and they will investigate that as well.
Once you get your right to sue letter, then you would be able to sue the employer for discrimination and retaliatory termination.