Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I want to give a contingent offer to a candidate and want to

Customer Question

I want to give a contingent offer to a candidate and want to validate the language
JA: The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet on this topic. I may have to send the offer tonight and my lawyer has given me the standard offer letter and now I need to make it contingent on my company winning the contract that we've bid on.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: The prospective employee was updated on this topic and he is expecting a contingent offer. I just want to get my language right on including this contingent language.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We are pleased to issue you a conditional offer as Data Analyst at Datsura, Inc. (the “Company”) on Datsura winning the CALL 0001 under the Data Science Support Services Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) issued by Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (“CFPB”. This letter clarifies and confirms the terms of your employment with the Company.
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Simple declarative sentences are almost always preferred for clarity. Especially where there are some complex thoughts contained in the communication. I have made some edits for clarity for you. Otherwise the letter appears legally sufficient to protect you in the event the contingency does not occur.

***

"We are pleased to issue you a conditional offer as Data Analyst at Datsura, Inc. (the “Company”). This offer is contingent upon Datsura being awarded the contract with the CALL 0001 under the Data Science Support Services Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) issued by Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (“CFPB”). The Company expects to be awarded the Call 0001 contract on or before [DATE] and will notify you upon award of the contract. This letter clarifies and confirms the terms of your employment with the Company."

***

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald