RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

Does the FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) protect my right to

Customer Question

Does the FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) protect my right to doctor appointments during work?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.

Yes it does. From the U.S. Department of Labor Fact Sheet:

"FMLA leave may be taken in periods of whole weeks, single days, hours, and in some cases even less than an hour. The employer must allow employees to use FMLA leave in the smallest increment of time the employer allows for the use of other forms of leave, as long as it is no more than one hour. If an employer uses different increments for different types of leave (for example, accounting for sick leave in 15 minute increments and vacation leave in one day increments), the employer must allow FMLA leave to be used in the smallest increment used for any other type of leave."

You can read the entire document here.

If you need clarification or additional information, please reply, and I'll be happy to assist you further. Thank you.