Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I have a few register therve worked gas station since 9. 1

Customer Question

I have a few register therve worked for shell gas station since 9. 1 2014 till 3 21 2016 I believe the business started looking at me as a bad person when I got arrested on my days off my personal time didn't have anything to do with my job and so the so call manager was looking in Van zandt nrws Paper seen my name in there highlighted and showed it to owner and basicly slandering my name haven't gotten a court date yet so I really believe that's what started them looking at me as a bad person we got a brand new credit card machine It makes the register go slow I would not let u go back so u could ring some other item up it took forever until reach over and cancel from card machine then it would say abort and if someone was getting gas if u did void the transition button when they where done getting gas it would say paying out complete he didnt even give me a chance to get every thing right he told me to give my key back the same day and and Wednesday went to pick up my check and the had to write up sheets called in one day the whole time I worked there one cashier per shift and u work your but to daeat got wrote up for running out of gas one morning we never got any kind of paid vacation never got regular breaks u would just have to hope to get a quick cigg in then had to run back in and the main thing is if something happen to u ion you'd personal time and it did not affect your job do they have a right to ask for a copy if arrest report then get wrote up the same day he dissmisses me I think there is alot of wrong things I could go on and on and do I have a case ???
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 8 months ago.
Unfortunately in Texas employment is at will meaning employers can hire fire an employee with or without cause. I am sorry about your situation. I do
Agree they should have been more fair to you. You may not have a claim over being dismissed but you mentioned not getting breaks. You may have a claim got unpaid overtime and wages.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No regular breaks no paid vacation and when first hired got paid cash then went to checks and at first I notice that my check stubs said salary I didn't every get paid salary so I brought it to there attention and out of the blue one of my next check stubs had hours I worked how much and how much an hour and time in a half but I notice they only gave me half of my time in a half
In that case you should pursue those unpaid amounts. Here is an overview of how to go about it. http://www.twc.state.tx.us/jobseekers/how-submit-wage-claim-under-texas-payday-law
Let me know if you have any more questions otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated because we don't get paid unless we receive a positive rating.