Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law
19127644

I have been suspended from my position pending an

Customer Question

I have been suspended from my position pending an investigation. It is related to a non-compliance issue is all I'm being told. I do not care to return to my position if cleared. Can I interview for other positions?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: RN in an administrative duties. I have an idea it is related to late assessments which were completed by all members of my dept, but I was the Lead Coordinator. My superiors knew we were late d/t high workload and changes in members of my team. I have ben suspended for 9 days now. I just want to move on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Employment Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. Unless you have a term contract or work under a bargaining agreement that does not allow you to either interview or break your contract, you are free to interview and accept a new position if you choose. There is nothing in employment law that would prohibit you from doing so.

If you have follow up questions please feel free to ask them. If none, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 24th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me even if the news is not good.If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.