Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I was terminated from a VP of Development position that is

Customer Question

I was terminated from a VP of Development position that is relatively new without any prior indication and communication. We were hitting out budget numbers, but they did not feel it was moving fast enough with new major gifts.
He mentioned fit and took responsibility as the CEO that they were very new in major gifts work at a non profit. They committed to an extensive incentive program, 30% of salary base and are now backing out of this commitment
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am very sorry to hear about this. What is your legal question exactly? I look forward to assisting you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The incentive is $25000 and was weighted in 6 key areas. It was loose in presentation but all but 1 key areas we hit. The CEO had different take then CEO who presented it, what can I do

Thank you. Did the presentation articulate objective performance goals that you need to achieve to be eligible for this additional compensation? Was a particular dollar figure specified, or was it up to the employer to decide?