Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

My manager at went through my personal cell phone while i

Customer Question

my manager at hooters went through my personal cell phone while i was working a shift and it was on camera for 30 minutes. it that legal?
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: i would just like to know if it is legal for a manager of a company to go into my personal belonging and take my phone out and then precede to go through my phone without my knowledge.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: that's it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome.

No, this is not legal. It potentially gives rise to claims for invasion of privacy, constitutional violations of your 4th amendment right against unreasonable searches, and may even constitute a criminal offense under the federal Electronic Communications Privacy Act.

Please let me know if I can clarify anything.

Was I able to answer your question here? Please let me know if I can be of any further service.....

Were you able to view my answer?