Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law

I would like to know if either MARSHA411JD or LAW is

Customer Question

I would like to know if either MARSHA411JD or JOYCE LAW is available...
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 7 months ago.

Do you have a question for me? If so, please ask it and provide enough information so that I can have some real context to it. Thank you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I spoke with you a few nights ago about my eeoc mediation and us not coming to a resolution by the end of that day. I'm advised to find me another job and file a lawsuit for emotional distress. Would that be wise or should I go ahead and let eeoc investigate it further and file a lawsuit on the city.

Thank you for your reply. I really can't advise you, since I am not your attorney and we cannot form an attorney-client relationship. In addition, I just wouldn't have enough facts, even if I were able to form that relationship with you, since I don't have access to all of the relevant facts. You really need to speak to a local employment law attorney who does have all of the facts and knows the local judges and juries and how they tend to react to a case like yours. Certainly, if you aren't happy where you are, you might want to consider moving on. However, that won't effect whether or not you can pursue your case, and emotional distress is not going to be a stand-alone issue. In other words, that would have to be part of a discrimination case.

As I think I touched on before, it isn't unusual for an employer not to make an offer in mediation and they could have various reasons why. But again, you need to speak and trust what your local attorney says once they have all of the facts.