Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

My cena license is at stake of being flagged /neglect is

Customer Question

my cena license is at stake of being flagged for abuse/neglect is there any recourse I can take?
JA: The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I have not just recently receive notification from LARA about the situation today. I am going to looking into free legal Aide here in Detroit, Michigan and hopefully they will take my case on my appeal/hearing
JA: OK. The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: well when this incident happened it happened at work and at the time I didn't have union representation when questioned about the incident. I was asked did I know about the resident care plan stating that she was to never be left alone while using the toilet. I replied that I didn't know about the resident's care plan and was told that they would have to do an internal investigation and to leave work and not come back until they completed their investigation. When I was called in there was a union rep present and the DON who informed me that they were going to fire me because I admitted to knowing about the resident care plan and that I had to sign the termination letter. My union rep didn't advise me of my right of not having to sign the termination letter and that is what they used against me to fire me and I really believe that this was done in retaliation against me from trying to fire me at the beginning of the year which was February 2014
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question for us about this issue?