Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation

I was escorted to produce urine 10 panel + oxy 48 hours ago

Customer Question

I was escorted to produce urine for a 10 panel + oxy 48 hours ago by my employer because there was a discrepancy in our medication dispenser and my name was on it. Is it too late to get a private UDS? in 25 years of being employed as an RN, I have never taken a narcotic for my personal use. I don't trust the employer at this point
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

It may be too late for a urine test at this point, even if negative, to be much use. Instead, it would be worth setting up a hair sampling test, because it can look much further back and will certainly overlap the same period in question.

Then you'd have a definitive counter test.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Good idea, only while I don't normally smoke marjuanna I did indulge in 1 toke maybe a month ago, which of course is illegal

Well, that's certainly an issue here. You're in a situation where a urine test won't necessarily counter their position, but a hair test would implicate you.

All you can really do then is take a urine test soon as possible. It would be better than nothing.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.