Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.

My niece is 25, has a biology degree, has been working

Customer Question

My niece is 25, has a biology degree, has been working for a pharmaceutical distribution for 8 months, now they want her to sign a noncompete6 compete, and she is in inside sales, non commission
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Nope, buy I've been in sales, I'd never sign it. She does not even have a book of business. No accou.ts of her own
JA: Is there anything else the Employment Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Nope
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 7 months ago.

Okay. Companies require employees to sign non-competes to prevent employees from running of and starting similar companies or working for similar companies and taking away business trade secrets and/or clients. The terms of the non-compete must be reasonable and the duration and scope of the non-compete must be limited in order for the agreement to be enforceable. If your niece sins it, she wll simply have to abide by the terms of the agreement. If your niece refuses to sign it, she may be terminated. Even if your niece signs the non-compete, the terms of the agreement must be reasonable in order to be enforceable.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that i may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.