Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Ms. ,I have two issues .One equal work ,equal pay ,second

Customer Question

Hello Ms. Wilson,I have two issues .One equal work ,equal pay ,second weigh limit on job description.
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not as of yet just want to know is there any legality in claims
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Myself and coworker s job descriptions were changed we do the exact same jobs nothing different but got a 5,000 dollar raise. My weigh limit on new job description has a20 max on lifting .I am being told to lift upwards of 50 to 60 pounds reguraly
JA: Is there anything else the Employment Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: at this time no but I am sure there is more
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome.

Do you have a weight limitation because of a disability of some kind for which you have provided your employer with medical documentation? Also, what reason do you suspect for why your employer gave your co-worker a raise but not you?