Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
8534270

My company wants my first page tax return to verify my wife

Customer Question

my company wants my first page tax return to verify my wife is my wife for medical coverage renewal.this is all that they allow and I cant white out on the numbers
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

Are they going to return it to to you or otherwise guaranty the security of the document.It certainly would be an invasion of your privacy and a possible HIPAA violation if it were leaked or lost.

Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

They would already have your social from your W-4 you complete for IRS withholding.Can you respond to me and tell me what other concerns you may have here.They can request such information but would be liable for any leaks or lost information here, any harm you would suffer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
its not tax info
Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

I can do unlimited chat here not yet set up for phone calls, wills end you the offer.