Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I'm about to start work property management company and work

Customer Question

I'm about to start work for a property management company and work on site. I have an embarrassing misdemeanor and was wondering when they do these background checks will my direct supervisor and manager see this or only the HR department?
How much privacy is involved in these?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 8 months ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard. Background checks that reveal criminal convictions are not confidential unless the company has such a policy to do so. But because all convictions are public record there are no laws that mandate it must be kept confidential. So you need to check with the HR and find out if there is a confidentially policy.

Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.