Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I signed a non-compete agreement and it prevented me from

Customer Question

Hello, I signed a non-compete agreement and it prevented me from using my skills as an IT professional for 2 year. I finally have gotten a job offer which stipulate pretty much the same thing, which also includes ownership of intellectual property before and after employment that would deem it company ownership. If you can look at the agreement and tell me anything that will not hold up in court, and when I decide to leave the company, I will havel nothing that will hinder my employment. I have been unemployed a little over two years and do not want to go through that again. Thanks.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
We can look at the agreement, but if you have gone through this already and it was an issue with you gaining employment are you sure you want to go through the non-compete issue again?
Also, does the agreement for intellectual property only apply to things created while at work or with the employer's equipment?