Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was forced to train a foreign replacement from India. My

Customer Question

I was forced to train a foreign replacement from India. My Boss told me they need work and they are cheaper. He said that I will no longer be doing my job. My boss also said there are 3 of us and one of will have to go. He mentioned a fellow employee and said he is old and asked how old do I think he is 60- 70. I told him he cannot mention age when deciding who is to be laid off. I brought this to the attention of HR Manager and My Boss's immediate supervisor. My boss also asked me how much I owe on my mortgage as well as how my wife's job is doing. Not knowing my Boss intentions and his constant threatening go get rid of us has created much anxiety and stress. Have I been violated in any way?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 8 months ago.

Hello there -

-

Can you tell me if they are bringing in workers from India using work visas from US immigration ?

-

Also, are you over 40 yourself (age discrimination) or do you feel you may have been otherwise discriminated against due to your gender, race, disability, religion or sexual orientation ?

-

MARY