Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience in employment law, unions, contracts, workers comp law
20355756

I have a FLSA case at NYSD at settlement stages, and

Customer Question

Hey there i have a FLSA case at NYSD at settlement stages, and unfortunately a few months ago at the phase of negotiations about settlement i found out my attorneys and the other side attorneys were working together in order to maximize their compensations and getting my case dismissed. Because of their behavior change and documents were filled without my knowledge, as well they accepted some kind of settlement on my behalf and without my consent, i refuse to sign a 16 pages long document they have now harassed me and pressured me to sing. Now things got worse they lied to the court as well used the name of the defense counsel to obtain new conferences with judge and prohibit me from having any communication with them. what can i do
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i got so alarmed and lost that i tried to contact the court myself, and the judge heard my voicemail and issued an order saying that any settlement documents the must see it first before because of cheeks once the court approved they will have a hearing about the cheeks. So what exactly is the confidentiality settlement agreement that for weeks now they being harassing me to sing. I have a pacer account and no settlement papers were ever file and they said i have to sign before they can submit anything. I refused !! As well the documents shows a dollar amount and how much they will be getting and totals almost 46% of the lump sum.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Legal Discussion by Email. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Legalease replied 10 months ago.

Hello there -

-

I am sorry to hear about this matter and I apologize for the delay in responding to you. We may be better able to discuss the matter in a telephone call but at this point it is almost 4 am on the east coast. I have to submit the request for a telephone call to customer service because there is an additional charge for that service -- but we can talk for a good hour if need be.

-

If you are still interested in the telephone call, then you will have to review the Premium Service Offer that is now on your screen and click ACCEPT for that service. Then if you would give me a time later today (Sat 3.19) in the afternoon and your telephone number, we can have the call and walk through your situation to see if we can give you some additional steps to take to protect yourself in this situation.

-

MARY

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i have a FLSA case at settlement stages,unfortunately short time after the settlement conference about 3 weeks, my attorneys sent a draft of the supposed " confidential settlement agreement " i thought was a bit strange because i was never consulted on anything in regards ***** ***** of the agreements well with the document i receive a bill that i never seeing before ,the bill includes my own depo and 3 more depos of that were taken from the defendant . I received the Draft of document on the 22 of Dec. on the 31 of Dec i found of that my attorneys together with the other side have submit to the court a letter saying that they have reach a settlement but never submitted the document for the court to review because i refused to sing, and i still do. After being harassed for almost 2 months and being call every single name possible, my attorneys requested me to not contact them until i have signed the document, i went into a total panic and called the court myself left 2 voice mails and i guess the judge heard, and issue an order saying , any agreement must be submitted to the court for approval, Now all the sudden my attorneys said the settlement is not longer an option because i didn't sign the document " Settlement confidentiality agreement " . At some point i agree to sign but i initial every page and sent it back to them saying please submit this document. Well not too longer later i received an email from my counsels asking they could switch the pages and used just the signature one, because the judge wont approve a document that is not clean. Bot***** *****ne we have a week more for settlement to be sent to the court for approval. But my counsels now said is no longer an option they want to prepare me for trail , and that my case looks horrible and calling the court made it even worse. Question is what exactly was the document they wanted me to sign and now they refuse to submit to the court, because the judge mention "cheeks". Would please offer me your advice.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
please take a look at the document
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
docum

Hello again --

I am also unable to review documents or assist in the preparation of documents without it being put through as a Premium Service like a telephone call. I will opt out of this question for you and put it back on the board to see if any other attorney can help you.

-

Please do not reply to this message because it will simply send the question back to me again and we want it to go onto the Open questions board for other attorneys to review.

-

MARY