Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was written up in Dec 2015 attitude. I asked at that time

Customer Question

I was written up in Dec 2015 for negative attitude. I asked at that time if there were any award consequences or bonus consequences from it. I was told by 4 managers NO. I received the top sales award for the company 2 weeks ago which included a team trip to Cabo. I was presented with the award in front of hundreds and hundreds of employees at the awards banquet. last week they took it away. I have been humiliated in front of my team and co-workers. Today I was told they made a mistake. I need to be accountable. i said i was and corrected behavior and was assured over and over by management this write up would not have any recourse. Now everyone there knows, HR said to lie about why i was not going. Now today they said they really did not say to lie and they gave me a printed paper saying when i was written u they gave it to me . They did not they all assured me my awards etc would be fine. I believe it was done so i continued to get the top sales and noe i am humiliate and broken spirit. i am at a loss
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello there--

-

Are you a member of a union or do you have a written employment contract with the company which sets out, in writing, the parameters of what your employment are and under what terms they can reprimand you or terminate you ?

-

Do you believe that any of this was due to discrimination against you regarding age (over 40), gender, religion, disability, race, or sexual orientation ?

-

MARY

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no union no contract i was assured by 4 managers i would not be affected
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is not working at all i answered no advice thank you
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello again --

-

I just received your response --- please let me know if you want to continue with the conversation or not. Unfortunately, the website is not instantaneous and it takes a while for the responses to churn through the website and get back out to the expert involved.

-

MARY