Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  In-House Counsel & Litigator

I know you cautioned wisely about using client lists. In my

Customer Question

I know you cautioned wisely about using client lists. In my case the clients, i.e. insurance agents are listed on the Internet or I know from working with them. It is a closed universe without a lot of new players entering the marketplace. Even if I just go from memory, I would still be contacting the same folks. Still OK?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 7 months ago.

Yes, it should be ok as long as you can articulate that these are the people that there are to work with, period and that you did not poach these relationships. Otherwise, you run the risk of a tortuous interference suit. That being the case, since the non-compete is not effectual, you are pretty squared away here.

Let me know if you have any other questions and please don't forget to rate my answers positively. That is the only way I receive credit for my work.

Best wishes!

Just checking to see if you have any additional questions. I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks!