P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  Employment Law Expert

I filed in Texas because my SCI access was suspended and the

Customer Question

I filed for unemployment in Texas because my SCI access was suspended and the company let me go because they did not have any unclassified work. TWC denied all of my appeals stating that I was fired for misconduct failure to follow company policies and rules. Also failure to maintain a job related license or certification. Because I knew that we had to have polygraphs but every one with a Top Secret clearance knows that and TWC is using that as company policy. TWC also stated that my company was exempted and did not need to provide a reason for misconduct. The company did not show for the hearing and the hearing officer decided this. Why is failure to maintain a security clearance due to no fault of your own is consider misconduct?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpPerhaps I am missing something...what was the reason for revoking the SCI?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My SCI access was not revoked it was suspended for further investigation. After two weeks of waiting, my employer released me because they did not have any unclassified work for me. I was told by NSA special programs representative that it was time for my 5 year reinvestigation, no formal decision had been made and my investigation is on hold because there is no need to give access if no one is sponsoring my clearance. If I find another security clearance job the company can ask for a reinstatement of my security clearance
Sorry, what was then reson for suspension?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no reason was giving
I am going to opt out and allow someone else to assist you (since I am with you...this makes no sense that they would deny UC if you did not commit misconduct). NO need to respond...if someone can answer this they will. Best of luck