Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law
19127644

I was a Sales Manager hotel but I got let go because I did

Customer Question

I was a Sales Manager for a hotel but I got let go because I did not respond to several leads for my hotel - maybe 13 leads from the san antonio conventions and visitors bureau and 100 or so hotelpanner leads. I admitted my shortcomings but the reason why was i was pursuing other leads that made my numbers. She claimed I hurt the hotel's chances in getting business because of my negligence. I made my numbers last quarter of 2015 and for the first quarter of 2016, I was already at 109% of my goals last week and was about to do another contract before my supervisor terminated me the reason being non-performance. The two lead sources I tend to put on last priority because every other hotel in san antonio gets the leads and I was pursuing those that I can get a contract quick with. Turned out that she already has a replacement for me and will start next Monday. I think she just wants to bring in her own team. What are my chances if I pursue a case?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. I assume you are asking about a wrongful termination claim. If you work in Texas, and you did not have a term contract, you would be considered an employee "at will." That means that your employer could let you go for any, or no, reason and with no notice or warning, unless doing so is motivated by your gender, race, national origin, age (over 40), disability, religion, pregnancy or military service. So, unless the employer violated a contract of engaged in unlawful discrimination based on what I described, they can let you go even if the reason is unfair or misguided and you would not have any legal recourse. That is the nature of employment "at will."

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above (let me know if you don't see it), I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 8 months ago.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 15th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me even if the news is not good.If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.