Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I need damage control due to ppa Breach. My medical records

Customer Question

I need damage control due to Hippa Breach. My medical records and work records have been exposed with out my consent. I am afraid it has gone viral. Any suggestions would be most helpful.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

I am very sorry to hear this. You have a couple of options. First, you need to notify the Department of Health and Human Services of this breach if the breach was done by a medical provider. This would begin an investigation. Second, while the HIPAA laws do not give rise to a lawsuit, most states have laws against breach of privacy. You may need to file suit if you have proof of damages as a result of this disclosure. If you have any specific questions please feel free to let me know or we can talk by phone for an additinoal charge.