Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

During my Trial Board Hearing is was revealed that my

Customer Question

During my Trial Board Hearing is was revealed that my subordinate (Sergeant) made multiple false statements against me and my Chief was the supervising official who approved his investigative summary. His investigation was incomplete, bias, riddle with his opinions, accusations, and conspired to remove me from my position as a Police Lieutenant and his personal gain.
How can I pursue this matter since I've cleared my name and I'm still employed here and te conditions aren't favorable.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can sue the department and the investigator for negligent investigation and for infliction of emotional distress based on filing false reports against you. You will need legal representation to pursue the claim and there are employment law attorneys who represent police officers regularly, you can find them at the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com
You need to pursue this based on the negligent investigation, false reports you proved in your hearing and also the proof you have of the personal gain that would have been realized in your removal. This would allow you to seek damages including possibly attorney's fees and even punitive damages for their willful and malicious conduct in the investigation.