Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I am an LPN student in Arizona. I left the OB floor after

Customer Question

I am an LPN student in Arizona. I left the OB floor after clinicals and went to post clinical discussion. My clinical instructor left post clinical and went to a med surge floor with a student. I went back to OB to see if a patient situation had been resolved and now i got in trouble for a Hippa violation. Patient confidentially. How did I violate Hipoa. I never asked about the OB patient the second time i went to OB
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answers. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney and also a doctor (MD, JD. I'll be happy to help you.

If at any time during our conversation you had any questions or need me to clarify anything please don't hesitate to ask! I'll be happy to help in anyway that I can. If you are satisfied with the information you received, could you please take a moment to submit a rating. We only get credit for the time and effort we put in to preparing answers if you are satisfied AND ALSO submit a rating. If you're not completely satisfied please tell me and I'll try to help resolve whatever is preventing you from being completely satisfied.

We can of course continue to talk about this even after you submit your rating, and I can continue to clarify anything you need assistance with.

In some instances we need to give customers what they deem "bad news" - because that's what the law is. The purpose of this forum is to provide educational information. And therefore if I have to give you news that is not necessarily supportive of your position I hope you will not rate me on the basis of how satisfied you are with the law - but on how satisfied you are with MY assistance. Is that acceptable to you?

Hello? Are you still looking for assistance with your question?