Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I labeled a co-worker a nurse bully, because after research

Customer Question

I labeled a co-worker a nurse bully, because after research she has behaviors of a bully. This co-worker who is upset I stood up to her, had her group report me to our boss for confronting her. My boss tells me "Don't label people, that would be like me labeling you a racist. Once I do that, then anything and everything you do I will judge." My boss is black and had another manager who is black with her. I do not feel comfortable with her using that "racism" as an example. This co-worker behaves as a bully as it's defined in research. I on the other hand do not behave as a racist, yet she used this term as a labeling example. Is there any approach I could take to document this?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. You want to document what exactly?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

What can I do legally? I'm afraid my boss is trying to make me look like a racist. Can I go to the dept of labor? Or what can I do?

Go to department of labor based on what? What do you believe this person is doing wrong?