Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

Can the city council of the city change the lunch hour of

Customer Question

Can the city council of the city change the lunch hour of one city employee that works in the office without changing everyone on the city payroll" lunch.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

This is not against the FLSA. In fact, the FLSA doesn't even require employers to provide lunch breaks in the first place. Unless there is a collective bargaining agreement in place which expressly limits the employer's ability to change lunch break times, nothing would stop them from doing so, even if it's just for one employee.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.