Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

I was offered a job as a government contractor contingent on

Customer Question

I was offered a job as a government contractor contingent on security clearance. I was told that I would get interim clearance first and be able to start the job while the full clearance was pending. Two weeks ago I was granted interim clearance and was given a start date of Monday. I was told to give my current job 2 weeks notice which I did. Today 2 days before my start date I was called and told that I cannot start the job until I have full clearance which could take months. Now I have no job. Do I have any legal rights regarding this??
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately no. The company can prolong or even not hire you because the employment relationships at-will and the employee does no have any guarantee of employment under an at-will employment relationship.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.