Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I am the employer and we have an employee that has seizures

Customer Question

I am the employer and we have an employee that has seizures on a fairly regular basis. Sometimes as often as 3 times in a week. She is then not working productively, as well as taking several other employees away from their duties to help take care of her. We are also concerned about the safety of this employee and other employees that are trying to help. We have had to call 911 on several occasions and have Paramedics, Firemen and EMT's in our offices while we are still attempting to get the day to day work done.
Can we force a Medical LOA due to safety for her and other employees and loss of production as well? Please advise - thanks!
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Can you please tell me how many employees you have? Also, is there any particular reason you are concerned about her safety? For example, does she work with heavy machinery? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.