Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years practicing attorney
19958803

What If I turn in my resignation and then decide to rescind

Customer Question

What If I turn in my resignation and then decide to rescind it before the city board has accepted it?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney whowill try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone whocan. There may be a slight delay in myresponses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Once you tender your resignation, then it is up to the employer as to whether or not to allow any rescission. A resignation is a unilateral notice that you are quitting. That means that you are severing the employer/employee relationship unilaterally as of that time. So you can't rescind it to reestablish that relationship and essentially "re-hire" yourself unless the employer actually agrees to allow you to "take it back" and will technically offer you your job back.

.

.

thanks