Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I THINK THAT TREATED UNJUSTLY ON MY JOB IN AN INBOUND CALL

Customer Question

i THINK THAT i AM BEING TREATED UNJUSTLY ON MY JOB IN AN INBOUND CALL CENTER THAT I WORK AT. For the second time in a three week period my TEAM LEADER has tried to suspend me from my job for unjust reasons. The first time he cited insubordination as the reason as the cause--when there was clearly no insubordination directed toward him or anyone else in the facility--my Human Resources director was contacted and I was allowed to remain. The last time my HR REP. was not present and he did it again--citing my 1 out of fifteen call sales as a problem and adding that he was going to review my calls for the past three days before I could come back. My question is (do you think this is justification for a three day suspension at a time when mandatory overtime was just implemented) Moreover, I have been here for six months and have never had a write up nor a suspension of any kind from any of my other team leaders. Respectfully, ***** *****
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dave,

I'm sorry to hear about the unfair way you are being treated at work. Do you have any reason to believe that you are being treated this way because of your race, religion, gender, disability or something along those lines? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.