How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12137
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to bring a legal suit on jefferson university and

Customer Question

i want to bring a legal suit on jefferson university for religious and racial discrimination how do i do that
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Ideally, you will retain an attorney to prepare and file the lawsuit for you. While you have the right to represent yourself in court, your chances of success in this type of lawsuit is near 0% without an attorney. It is a complicated area of law that will require legal expertise. It is not a small claims "Judge Judy" type of case.

Having said that, in order to sue you would first determine which laws you intend to sue under, and that would largely determine which court you sue in (i.e., either federal or state court). You would then prepare and file a Complaint which states the facts and each individual cause of action. You must then have the Complaint and Summons served on the University. Once the University is served, you would conduct discovery (i.e., interrogatories, document production, admissions, depositions), and possibly file a Motion for Summary Judgment, which would likely require many hours of legal research. You would also likely need to fend off a Motion to Dismiss or Motion for Summary Judgment filed by the University, which would also require many hours of legal research. If you successfully fend off the University's Motions, and if your own Motion for Summary Judgment is unsuccessful, then you would need to go to trial. This means you must present your evidence (i.e., witness testimony, documents, etc.) to the judge in open court. Of course, in order to get your evidence admitted, you would need to adhere to the rules of evidence.

Again, I strongly advise you to retain an attorney.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!

Related Employment Law Questions