Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I have been separated from my husband since July of last

Customer Question

Hello.....I have been separated from my husband since July of last year. We have a Legal Separation Agreement. As well, I have singed all HIPAA forms to not allow any medical results disclosed to him. Recently, I had blood work done at the request of my Pain Management because I was showing symptoms of a condition known as Seratonin Syndrome,mainly due to two medications my PCP had me on that can cause this condition. Upon having the blood work done, my estranged husband called to yell at me that I had not told him I was sick, and also told me my blood work results showed that I tested Positive for an Auto Immune disease, and the doctor suggested it may be Lupus. This doctor is my husbands best friend, and he gave me husband this information about me in his office. I didn't know anything about my results until yesterday. Only because I called three times to get my results. I finally got an appointment for today at 9am, but the doctor called my cell phone because he didn't want me to come in. I asked him how my husband found out about my condition before me, and his answer was that my husband must have looked at my files when he wasn't in his office. Now, my husband may be a smart man, but there is no way he wold have the slightest idea what blood results meant. I am extremely irate about this. Also, this doctor has now informed me over the phone call that it's a conflict to treat us both. The only conflict I can see is that he gave away privalged information about me to my husband. I can only image what else he has told him. What are my legal options?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Is your husband using this information to harm you in some way?

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Are you online with me?