Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I live in Atlanta, ga. I work company where I work Monday

Customer Question

I live in Atlanta, ga. I work for a company where I work Monday thru Friday 6am to 930pm. I was told tonight on Monday I will train the new guy. after he is trained he will then be my boss. My hours will be cut back and I will continue to perform his duties when he is off. he is coming in making more money than me and I will continue to make my same pay. I think its because I am African American. Is there anything I can do legally?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

If you believe this is happening because of your race, you can file a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. The EEOC will investigate and attempt to mediate a resolution with your employer. That not forthcoming, they will either file a lawsuit on your behalf or issue you a "right to sue" letter, which will enable you to sue in civil court for discrimination with the assistance of an attorney.

See here to initiate the EEOC process.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.