Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Can a company make a policy that states that a Safety

Customer Question

Can a company make a policy that states that a Safety Director has to go to an employees home for a well check if the employee doesn't answer their phone, or their emergency contact doesn't answer the phone after repeated attempts by safety director. Can the company make a rule that says this has to be done before other measures are taken. The safety director had went to hospital stayed with employee, employee was released after testing and he was not injured other than some bruises. If they do have to do what the company asks and go to the injured persons house if they don't answer the phone, what if something happens to the safety director like get shot or beaten? This sounds like a rule that has so many things that can go wrong....
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Can you tell me what state this is in?

I see that you have not responded in some time. Did you wish to continue with this question?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response ...