Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
8534270

I am currently on short tern disability i interviewed job

Customer Question

i am currently on short tern disability i interviewed for another job but havent accepted any offers of employment and i have not been told that I cant apply or interview for other jobs, only that I cant get another job
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no i have not
JA: Please tell me your email address, in case we get disconnected.
Customer: is this confdential
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Employment Lawyer now?
Customer: yes
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I havent been connected??? what gives
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.I am not set up for phone calls but be happy to chat online here .Will that work for you.Thanks.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

You are correct here that you are not prohibited from applying for jobs while on disability.You would be free to pursue this, if you accept a job you would need to notify them when you do.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

I am here if you have more follow up please just ask.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you will post any follow up you have be happy to respond, if you get this later, still will get back with you in the am.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

I sent you an offer for additional cat, be happy to answer any questions you have here as follow up.