Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Member of United Brotherhood of Carpenters. Thinking of

Customer Question

Member of United Brotherhood of Carpenters. Thinking of reverse discrimination suit against adjunct groups: Oregon Tradeswomen, et al. http://www.tradeswomen.net/1. Oregon Tradeswomen is patently unrealistic. Heavy commercial construction wears men out, and causes injury. esp. back injury; women are much more vulnerable. Commercial finish work is heavy, too; heavy solid office doors, drilling steel door frames overhead or installing them to concrete. Moving heavy lumber or metal construction materials through hazardous areas. Also, dangerous tools: rotary hammer drills, heavy worm-drive saws, heavy concrete forming and removal tools, sledges, heavy compressors, working off ladders, general harsh conditions, bad weather conditions. The Women in Trades program conveys false impressions of the job responsibilities, production standards and environment and gives women a false sense of accomplishment and Does not meet RECOGNIZED industry standards. It can exist through clever legal protections and threats of civil rights complaints. I think I should be able to sue them for unfair discrimination as long as it is connected to the Carpenters Union and acting as a training agent. Could try in small claims suit against directors. Also the union is generally full of incompetence and nepotism and crippled workers pretending to function---due to lack of state certification standards and unscrupulous union protection.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry, but I am not understanding the legal basis for your lawsuit.

What is your specific question?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Having to compete for employment against people who do substandard work, but are protected by the union. There isn't enough work for everyone. Maybe you didn't understand the word "patently."

Thank you for the information.

I will opt out and give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.