Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

, so im on f-1 visa and applying in within a week i

Customer Question

hello
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: so im on f-1 visa and applying for OPT in within a week i helped a friends dad out for a few weeks fixing up old houses and he gave me some money for it. about $860 over the course of a month. I just got a 1099 for it under non employee compnesation is this violation of status should i be concerned when trying to change to permanent status
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Employment Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.

Good morning, do you still need an answer? are you filing a tax return on the income?