Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

I filed a harassment case with HR more than a year ago. It

Customer Question

Hello, I filed a harassment case with HR more than a year ago. It was escalated and sent to legal a long time ago. Due to back log in legal and the per diem attorney leaving, investigation was concluded but no action was taken. The person that I filed the case against got ill about 6 month ago and will come back next month. Will they still take action although this case has been ongoing for almost a year?
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
he is not probably coming back handling the work schedule which he used to harras me through keeping in mind I lost over $8000. And I was informed that the investigation is done and waiting for action to be taken before his illness from chief officer but not legal.
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 9 months ago.

The company should take action and complete the investigation and make any necessary reprimands as a result of the investigation. If there are no remedial measures to alleviate the harassment, I would consider consulting a local plaintiff's employment attorney to determine if legal action should be taken against the company to retrieve the 8,000 dollars and emotional distress caused by the harassing actions.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.