How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Employment lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 40061
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to speak to a good lawyer concerning

Customer Question

I would like to speak to a good lawyer concerning discrimination and harassment all in arrangement to be terminated from a job of 11 years! I will be 60 next month, and the Co. Have been replacing employees with younger folks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

Your first step here is to file discrimination complaint with EEOC.You can claim age discrimination and other categories here if you were wrongfully terminated.You can also file a civil suit as well for wrongful termination based on these grounds.

File here

Age Discrimination & Work Situations

The law forbids discrimination when it comes to any aspect of employment, including hiring, firing, pay, job assignments, promotions, layoff, training, fringe benefits, and any other term or condition of employment.

Age Discrimination & Harassment

It is unlawful to harass a person because of his or her age.

Harassment can include, for example, offensive remarks about a person's age. Although the law doesn't prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that aren't very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent orsevere that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted).

The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or someone who is not an employee of the employer, such as a client or customer.

You can locate an employment lawyer here..

About LRS

Home > Membership > Lawyer Referral Service > About LRS

Lawyer Referral Service (LRS)

Call(###) ###-####

To be connected to a lawyer

The Bar Association of the District of Columbia provides the only Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) in the District of Columbia as a public service to the community and a service to its members. It provides an effective means for members of the general public to be referred to attorneys who are experienced in the area of law in which they need assistance. Membership in the Lawyer Referral Service panel is open to all active members of the Bar Association of the District of Columbia.

I am so sorry that you have had to go through this.I know it can be quite overwhelming.You do have rights here to be free from discrimination and to file with EEOC and sue as well.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you can positive rate when we are done it is always sincerely appreciated.