Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I just picked up my check and noticed that I am not on the

Customer Question

I just picked up my check and noticed that I am not on the schedule for the week. I asked my manager but he said that his supervisor said not to put me on the schedule. I have not been given any layoff notice or been fired. Is it ok for my employer to do?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Good evening and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Unfortunately, there is no law that requires an employer to put you on the schedule. They don't need to formally "fire" you in order to deny you work. If the lack of work continues and you are not given a good explanation as to why, you can consider yourself "terminated" regardless of whether that's what your employer is calling it and collect unemployment benefits. But not putting you on the schedule does not in itself violate any law, I am sorry to say.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get credit for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.

Very best wishes.